Thursday, December 8, 2011

Christmas

I lay in silence on the couch /
My eyes flood with tears /
Thinking of my fathers fears /
Just one more Christmas he used to say /
One more yet another day /
There were no presents under a tree /
Not even that bush to see /
But one more , as my tears start to fall /
Now older than him I understand it all /
I found myself laying there making the same call/
One more i yell out /
To my son's room , i watch him sleep /
It was and is love in repeat /
My father was the present under a missing Christmas tree /
I'm now what he used to be /
Still alive inside of me /
jimmy j
THANK YOU DAD .....
My father died in 1977 , his last words were to take care of mom , which i did for 30 some years after wards . she could not walk or talk from a stroke at age 45 she lived to 80. these words are but my tear drops falling on paper. Merry Christmas Mom and Dad
LOVE
jimmy

No comments: