Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Freedom (black history mth)

Boom,Boom , like thunder , a distant sound /
Lightning like flashes , grounds morning dew /
Closer and closer , MA , Ma ,I'm afraid of the storm /
Dearest daughter , that's the bells of freedom /
For our people everywhere /
Smell of gun powder, death abounds /
Rivers creeks running red with blood /
Stench of death overflowing /
Thunderous cannons shaking the ground /
Booms of freedom ,out distant friends /
The price of freedom a heavy tool/
Free from slavery's chains at last /
Slave to freedom the hard road to began /
40 Acres and a mule /
A lie on which we will grow old /

Hunger, pain and sorrow traveling the unknown road of tomorrow /
Droplets of tears, a babies eye's /
My breast run dry , i listen to my babies cries /
A hurricane twisting inside /
Hands blister from picking cotton /
Barefoot, hungry and cold,the masters cruelty prevails /
Many lay dead /

My women's treasure stole from me, the masters pleasure /
Burning in my mind as i travel the road ahead /

Whip still stinging in my sleep /
Help me my lord , get on with the fight /
Hatred everywhere , their eye's burning,the devils fire /
Decade after decade , in search of freedoms bed /
Till the day I'm not judged by color of skin /
But of the man I'am /

When life is all over /
My body has been burned /
I will ask of you then /
Which color I'am /
jimmy j


Do you feel , it is black history month and i ask you to send this EVERYWHERE YOU CAN , take it to school read it in every grade , Do you feel this walk out of slavery can you understand their pain . send it to every radio and talk show you know, make a school play out of it love it for its truth and then let me know...
love
jimmy

No comments: