Monday, February 27, 2012

Space

Why does this space mean so much /
To those in this square to dwell /
With no place to go /
is it a place like no other /
Neither is of consequence /
Of one another /
It is neither Heaven nor Hell /
jimmy j



Apply yourself to what it is i write,often a poet writes in wonderment , making you wonder what in hell did he say.I had a English teacher on the south side of Chicago tell me her students under stood me well .A poet is not a beholder of words but a beholder of life. "UNDERSTANDING IS VOLUNTARY, IGNORANCE IS A GIVEN " jimmy j In honor of black history month i posted my poem Freedom , how few read it but can you imagine the road of freedom AFTER they were set free ,bleeding feet , hungry children , broken hearted but free , now what of the American Indian , you discover what was already his and yet you had the balls to name it .Ever thing what he called .I would have called it MOTHER ...BYE
Love
Jimmy

No comments: