Thursday, March 8, 2007

Lost To Me A Distant Sound

Tears fall from a babies eyes
Mothers, fathers, aunts and uncles
All love ones in-between
Gone is your touch
But I feel your presence everywhere
Knowledge you gave me
I now understand
You were the present under the Christmas tree

In the stars I see the twinkle of your eyes
In winters preview, I feel the warmth of you
On holidays when joy prevails
I close my eyes and feel your smile
In times of panic, your voice sooths me
These things and many more you left behind
Get me through troubled times

I will be with you soon
My mother, my father, my aunt and uncle
And all love ones in-between
A lifetime being but a wink in God's eye
As I enter eternity where we all will rest
We look down at our children's children
Knowing the knowledge we leave behind
Will help them to achieve their best

Jimm j.
3/20/00

No comments: